American Motel Management manages from an owner’s perspective because we are owners. We have a hands-on approach with focus on guest service and profitability. For smaller hotel properties, it has been proven that this style is especially successful in driving revenue, controlling costs and achieving a high level of guest and employee satisfaction. The result is a superior bottom line profit and return on investment.
The Operating Philosophy of American Motel Management is to drive asset values. This is achieved by focusing on 3 areas:
- Driving Revenue
- Controlling Costs
- Achieving Guest and Employee Satisfaction
Some of the Services and Tools we utilize to support this philosophy include:
- Daily Revenue Sales and Occupancy reports to Owners, Corporate Staff, General Managers
- Daily Reminders to all Managers of policies and best practices in the hospitality industry
- Daily Cash/Credit reconciliation including banking and credit card processing
- Daily Courtesy Call Program to all new Guests after check-in
- Daily Maintenance Log Program to assure general and preventative maintenance is accomplished promptly
- Weekly Processing and Reconciliation of Accounts Payables and hotel petty cash funds
- Monthly Source of Business review including all print advertising and special promotions
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and general ledgers
- Monthly processing and payment of Sales Taxes
- Monthly Profit and Loss Statements
- Monthly Linen/Terry reports of cost per occupied room
- Monthly Utility usage report and review for overages
- Oops Card Program for Guest Satisfaction
- Regular visits to properties by Corporate personnel
- Off-site storage of accounting and business documents.
All of the above make for a very successful management philosophy with great guest satisfaction and profitability for our partners.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us via phone at 770-939-1801, via online form or email us.